Through Rewild Our Earth, YSL Beauty will make progressive efforts to enable natural processes, repair damaged ecosystems and restore degraded landscapes. The launch of this program reflects the brand’s broader commitment to making a positive impact on the planet and its people.
In partnership with Re:wild, this long-term initiative will help protect and restore the wild. It will also –
- Help protect and restore 100,000 hectares by 2030 – a surface area almost 10 times the size of Paris
- Safeguard biodiversity in priority areas affected by climate change where YSL Beauty’s ingredients are sourced, including:
- The Ourika Valley, Morocco – a region where YSL Beauty cultivates a range of ingredients; the brand will continue to empower communities of women and help plant trees to reverse the effects of desertification, so far planting over 125,000 trees
- Haiti – an area linked with vetiver sourcing (an ingredient used in YSL fragrances) and home to an astonishing diversity of wildlife, YSL Beauty will help to save, maintain and re-establish the remaining forests, which have shrunk to less than 1%
- Madagascar – a region linked with vanilla and geranium sourcing, YSL Beauty will collaborate with local communities to support biodiversity rehabilitation and restore and plant over 400,000 trees by 2023
- Indonesia – linked with patchouli sourcing, YSL Beauty will help preserve lands and over 350 species in a biodiversity hotspot, and work with forest-edge communities to manage, protect, and restore 30,000 hectares of forests
Moving forward, the brand’s focus will be on continuing to harness innovation to unlock new possibilities––from how the brand makes its products, to the overarching impact it will have on the world. To further express this commitment to transparency, YSL Beauty has also released its first sustainability report, which highlights the brand’s sustainability efforts across every part of its business. Because even the smallest contributions can counter a global challenge, fighting against global warming is an everyday mission.
For more information on YSL, visit www.yslbeauty.com.au