Spring is finally here and you have two reasons to get excited about the new season! Firstly, we’ve finally experienced some good weather again and to compliment the uplifting sun, its back-to-back Fashion Week overseas! This means the online world is flooded with inspiration to get our little hearts beating and our wardrobe wish lists growing! Most recently, the fashion festival hit our favourite European city. It’s no surprise that we’re talking about the city of lights, love and the best couture – Paris. And it sure lived up to the usual expectations.
When it comes to Fashion Week, it’s not just the runway and new designer collections we here at Couturing get excited about. All of the circulated buzz and the people surrounding the shows are just as enthralling. There’s always something exciting and intimate about the showgoer’s street style, something a little more accessible to engage with.
To make your life easy, we’ve picked out some of our favourite looks from the fashionistas of the romantic Parisian streets. As expected, there were many geometric prints and floral patterns, chic blazers and tailored pants, sophisticated maxi skirts and some surprise pops of colour!
For the first edit we’ve picked out three showgoers, whose quirky outfit choices brought us close to home by reminding us about who and what you’d find in the laneways of Melbourne.
Australia’s own Christine Centenera rocks an effortlessly classy look three days in a row, proving that a staple black blazer is always a versatile must-have!
Three of our favourite bloggers stepped to the streets in three very different outfits, yet all in line to each of their signature styles. Elin Kling is in an all black ensemble, showing off a little bit of nice ankle with her cropped leather pants; Miroslava Duma stands out sartorially in her layered feminine ensemble; while Rumi Neely sports a biker chic, bad girl look in her leather jacket and Ray Bans.
We sure did save the best for last in this street style edit. DJ turned Fashion ‘It’ Girl, Leigh Lezark turned some serious heads in her amazing monochrome dress at the Viktor & Rolf show. It’s safe to say everyone probably wanted to be her that day!
Images courtesy Harpers Bazaar, Elle Magazine and Fashionologie.
- CARRERA AND JIMMY CHOO LAUNCH CAPSULE MEN’S EYEWEAR COLLECTION
- VIKTORIA AND WOODS CREATE A ‘RAPTURE’ FOR SS14
- STREET STYLE AT PARIS HAUTE COUTURE FASHION WEEK 2014
- KEEPING TIME WITH SEIKO AND NOVAK DJOKOVIC
- A BLOGGERS BREAKFAST WELCOMES LULULEMON TO THE EMPORIUM
- GIVEAWAY: KIEHL’S X DEBASER
- ROSEHIP OIL: REVOLUTIONISING SKINCARE
- TALKING ALL THINGS ANTI-AGEING, CHIA SEEDS AND PLASMA WITH PERRICONE MD AND MECCA COSMETICA
- IT ALL STARTS WITH THE BASE – LARA BINGLE TO LAUNCH TANNING BEAUTY RANGE
- THE FACES OF REVEAL BY CALVIN KLEIN, THE HOT NEW WOMEN’S FRAGRANCE