As the season changes, it’s always fun to change up your beauty routine and try some of the new products on the market. Here’s a look at a few things I’ll be adding to my makeup bag this season!
1. Inflorescence by Byredo – For those of you looking for a new floral scent this season, then look no further than Inflorescence by Byredo. Designed to mimic the fragrance of a wild floral garden as its blossoms bloom, Inflorenscence captures the spirit of spring with its unique scent. A unique combination of rose, magnolia, jasmine, freesia and muguet, I’ve found Inflorescence is perfect for the day or night. One spray is enough to get your through the day, and to increase the intensity of the scent for the night, add an extra spray. One of the best things about Byredo is that it is not a common brand, so when you wear it, it feels like you have your own signature scent!
You can buy Byredo Inflorescence from Mecca Cosmetica
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT BYREDO
2. Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer by Benefit – As the weather heats up, it’s important to invest in a good primer to make sure your makeup stays put. Benefit Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer helps keep your makeup looking fresh for up to 15 hours. It glides on smoothly and doesn’t feel heavy on the skin. Now you can easily transition from day to night without having to re-touch your makeup! As an added bonus, it’s paraben free, which means no added nasties, making it better for your skin!
You can buy Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer by Benefit at Myer
3. Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara – As someone who has very short eyelashes, a good mascara is a must! Bobbi Brown’s new Smokey Eye Mascara is great for building up your lashes, giving yourself the flexibility to go for a more dramatic look by layering with several swipes, or you can opt for a more natural look with one swipe for the day. The kohl-pigmented mascara ensures that even the thinnest lashes standout.
You can buy Bobbi Brown online and at Myer
4. Philosophy’s Hope In A Jar – This rich but lightweight formula is the perfect moisturiser to keep your skin hydrated during the day. I’ve found it’s perfect for sensitive skin, especially for getting rid of dry patches, and its non-greasy formula means its great for wearing under makeup. As an added bonus, it smells beautiful!
You can buy Philosophy Hope In A Jar from Mecca
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT PHILOSOPHY
5. Essie Nail Polish – Pastel colours are great for spring. I particularly love this light purple colour (To Buy or Not To Buy) from Essie. If purple’s not your thing, also try white or pink for a fun spring look.
You can buy Essie from Priceline and Adore Beauty
6. YSL Lipstick – While I love a good red lippie, I find in spring, it’s hard to go past hot pink lips to brighten up an outfit. I love this Rouge Volupte lipstick from YSL. The rich formula keeps your lips moisturised, and the colour stays put without going flaky. If you prefer a lip pencil, my favourite is the velvet matte lip pencils from Nars. Great if you don’t want a glossy look, but stay put all day long.
You can buy YSL from David Jones and Nars from Mecca
7. Guinot Ultra UV Defense Cream – A good sunscreen is a must for every beauty routine. Not only does it protect your skin from harsh UV rays, but stops your skin from ageing prematurely. Guinot’s UV Defence SPF 50 cream is one of the most powerful creams on the market for protecting your skin. It’s also great for wearing under makeup as it has a non-greasy formula, and doesn’t leave a white film on your skin like most other creams.
You can buy Guinot at Adore Beauty
8. Kevin Murphy Shimmer.Shine – The hot weather means lots of time at the beach and by the pool. Salt water and chlorine can wreak havoc on your hair so it’s important to keep it moisturised. Kevin Murphy Shimmer.Shine does’t just revive your hair with Vitamins A, C, E, Baobab, Immortelle and Bamboo extract, it also makes it super shiny!
Visit Kevin Murphy for details on where to buy Kevin Murphy
Leave a Reply