Mineral makeup brand Jane Iredale has released their new 2015 collection, Country Weekend. Inspired by the warm, muted colours of the relaxed countryside, the collection is doused with soft golds, greys and blush tones. The entire Jane Iredale makeup range is mineral-based (bar a handful of products, which are certified organic), protecting and nourishing your skin.
The Country Weekend collection features three products:
Just Kissed Lip & Cheek Stain in Forever Peach (RRP$54) is a multi-tasking product that glides onto the lips or can be patted onto the cheeks. The shade self-adjusts to each individual’s colouring, enhancing your skin’s natural undertone. Lips are soothed and softened thanks to wild rose wax, and olive and avocado butters, while rose flower wax and beeswax nourish and moisturise.
Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner in Espresso (RRP$50) is a soft, creamy gel liner. A highly-pigmented brown-grey shade with a hint of shimmer, Espresso glides on smoothly for a clean, defined line, or for a sexy, smudged effect. Being water-resistant, the liner will stay put all day, just where you want it.
The Limited Edition Getaway Eye Shadow Kit (RRP$99)contains five of Jane Iredale’s PurePressed Eye Shadows, packaged in a beautiful rose gold compact. The base shade, Fresh Air, is a shimmery pearl colour, and its larger quantity in the palette makes it ideal as a highlighter on the face. Silence is a golden peach shade, Footprints a matte green-grey colour, Tea on the Porch a deep shimmery copper gold, and Starry Night a black with golden flecks. The shadows have great colour payoff and blend extremely well, staying put for crease-free and long-lasting eye colour.
As Jane Iredale’s products are all pure mineral-based, they can be mixed to achieve the desired colour. Want black lipstick? Mix a black PurePressed Eye Shadow with a nude PureMoist Lipstick. Want to add more gel liner over an eyeshadow? With other makeup brands, this would ruin the finish, but Jane Iredale products will blend together perfectly because they are based from the same pure minerals.
At an exclusive event, international makeup artist Julia Kur gave a live makeup tutorial to demonstrate the products from Jane Iredale’s new Country Weekend collection.
GET THE LOOK: Glowing & Healthy
1. Prep the skin with your favourite Jane Iredale makeup primer.
2. Apply Glow Time BB Cream to the skin
3. Taking the Getaway Eye Shadow Kit, apply Fresh Air from the lash line to the crease using the Deluxe Shader Brush.
4. Using the Crease Brush, blend Footprints through the cease
5. Apply a very thin line of Espresso Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner using an angled eyeliner brush.
6. Prep the lashes with PureLash Lash Extender & Conditioner. This will improve the application and performance of mascara. Apply Purelash Lengthening Mascara in Brown Black.
7. Using the soft White Fan Brush, apply PurePressed Blush in In Love to the apples of the cheeks
8. Finish the look with Forever Peach Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain.
Julia followed this healthy and natural look with a second look, featuring a smokey eye perfect for a night out.
GET THE LOOK: Stylish & Sultry.
1. Prep the skin with any Jane Iredale makeup primer.
2. Apply your favourite Jane Iredale foundation.
3. Taking the Getaway Eye Shadow Kit, take Starry Night and apply from lash line to crease, building the colour to the desired intensity and blending well as you go.
4. With the Crease Brush, apply Tea on the Porch, starting at the cease and blending it smoothly into Starry Night
5. Apply Fresh Air to the brow bone to lift the brow and brighten the eyes.
6. Using the Detail Brush, apply Espresso Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner to both the top and bottom lashes, intensifying it at the outside corners
7. Apply PureLash Lash Extender & Conditioner, followed by Longest Lash Mascara in Black Ice
8. Brush PurePressed Blush in Copper Wind across the apples of the weeks with the White Fan Brush
9. To counterbalance the strong eye, line and fill in lips with Nude Lip Pencil, and follow with a sheer layer of Forever Peach Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain.
The Country Weekend collection by Jane Iredale is now available for purchase on the Jane Iredale online store.
Images c/o ID Collective