derma e has a commitment of offering skin friendly, ecofriendly and highly effective natural skin care. It’s vegan, 100% free of environmentally toxic microbeads and micro plastic and is cruelty free. Established in California over 30 years ago, with what started out as a simple jar of high potency Vitamin E cream has now flourished into an extensive range of cruelty-free products to suit all skin types with all products vegan and certified 100 per cent free of environmentally toxic microbeads and micro plastics.
Some people worry about the efficacy of natural skincare products. What would you say to them about how well derma e works to maintain great skin?
We recognise that women are becoming more sceptical about how well their skincare really works. After spending top dollar, we expect our skincare to deliver real, visible results. That’s why derma e uses independent clinical and consumer trials to prove that their natural products really do work.
Derma e’s number one priority is to protect the health of skin with safe, superior quality natural products that perform beyond expectations. To ensure derma e formulas are safe and suitable for all skin types, derma e products undergo independent sensitivity and irritation clinical testing called HRIPT (human repeat insult patch test). So no matter what your skin type is, you can trust derma e for skin-friendly, earth-friendly formulas that deliver real results.
Tell us a bit about the derma e ranges
Catering for all consumers, derma e offers a range of products specifically formulated for all skin types and concerns.
The Soothing Range: Specially formulated for sensitive, easily irritated skin, the Soothing formulas, with super-antioxidant, Pycnogenol, help to calm inflamed skin and diminish the visible signs of aging.
The Hydrating Range: Ideal for all dehydrated skin types the Hydrating range, with Hyaluronic Acid, helps to deeply moisturise and plump skin to diminish the signs of visible aging such as fine lines and wrinkles.
The Firming Range: Firming formulas, with DMAE, are designed to promote visibly firmer skin while addressing the advanced signs of aging such as loss of elasticity and moisture.
The Anti-Wrinkle Range: Ideal for dry, oily and combination skin types, the Anti-Wrinkle range with Vitamin A and Glycolic, helps to improve the skin’s texture by diminishing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, irregularities and enlarge pores.
The Purifying Range: With key ingredient, Activated Charcoal, the Purifying line is like a deep detox for the skin. Specially designed for oily, active or urban skin types, Purifying formulas work naturally to draw out toxins and restore the skin’s resistance to environmental stress.
We know that the hydrating serum is a favourite of Victoria’s Secret model Jacquelyn Jablonski. What are some of the other popular products of the brand?
Not only is the Microdermabrasion Scrub a personal favourite of mine, it is a worldwide derma e best seller. Key ingredients Dead Sea Salt and Volcanic Sand help to buff away dull surface cells, instantly improving texture and brightening the skin. This granular exfoliator really does provide salon results at home!
Another favourite is the Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal mask. This dual purpose product works in a number of ways to balance oil production and detoxify the skin. Kaolin and Bentonite clays along with Activated Charcoal help to draw out impurities for a clear complexion while exfoliating Apricot Seed Powder helps to improve texture of the skin upon removal.
As we’re heading into Winter, what are your top 5 skincare tips?
- Exfoliation: Coming into the cooler months, it is important to prepare our skin for maximum absorption and benefits from our nourishing products including serums and moisturisers. Without regular exfoliation, dry or dead skin cells sit on the surface of the skin essentially creating a barrier that prevents our products from penetrating into the skin to work effectively. Try the Microdermabrasion Scrub 2-3 times a week to maintain the texture of the skin and accelerate your skincare results.
- Antioxidants: Following exfoliation, using products high in antioxidants coming into winter will help improve the skin’s immunity during the cooler months. Look for ingredients like Vitamin C, Pycnogenol and Green Tea to help protect the skin from free radical damage and reduce the visible signs of ageing.
- Moisturiser: The cold temperatures during winter can strip the natural oils from the skin, leaving it dry and unprotected. The layer of natural oils on the skin, the acid mantle, not only acts as a barrier to protect from bacteria and viruses, but it is also responsible for keeping our skin soft and supple. Using a moisturiser with a higher oil content during winter will help to replace skin’s natural protective oils.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Dehydrated skin during winter can accentuate the look of fine lines and wrinkles, making us appear older. Hyaluronic acid holds up to 1,000 times its weight in water, effectively binding moisture to the skin, maintaining hydrating and plumping the skin for a youthful appearance during drying winter conditions.
- Time management: Your skin works its hardest overnight! While we sleep, our skin cells are regenerating. Because our skin does not have to fight UV exposure or other environmental stressors, we can achieve maximum benefit from our active skin care ingredients at night. During winter, remember to apply your serums before bed.
What are the top products you would recommend to keep your skin in top shape?
- Exfoliators: Used 2 – 3 times a week, an exfoliator helps to minimise the buildup of dry or dead surface cells to clear pores and maintain a healthy glow. Derma e exfoliators and facial masks are made for a variety of skin types to maintain the texture of the skin and encourage cell turnover.
- Serums: Serums deliver a concentrated boost of active ingredients to the dermal layer of the skin to achieve maximum results! Choose a serum to suit your specific skin concern and apply to a clean, prepared skin to allow the product to penetrate and work effectively at a dermal level.
For those that are looking to keep their wrinkles at bay or prevent them, what is the best product you would recommend to help?
To prevent the signs of aging including the appearance of wrinkles, look for products with Vitamin A. Vitamin A, commonly referred to as “the skin vitamin”, is best known for its ability to help speed up exfoliation to reveal plump, younger looking skin cells. Through the process of increase cell turnover and exfoliation, Vitamin A helps to prevent the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while improving the skins overall texture.
Find out more derma e and stockists at www.dermae.com.au