Cementing its status as an Australian style authority, Witchery launched their Spring Summer 2013 collection –Bold Vision – at Sydney’s iconic venue Carriageworks last week. Declaring a crisp and fresh aesthetic for the new season, the event attracted the who’s who of the Australian fashion scene; including Nicole Warne (Gary Pepper), Tash Sefton and Elle Ferguson (They All Hate Us) and models Jordan and Zac Stenmark.
L’Oréal Professionnel session stylist Jamie Furlan of Xiang Hair ensured the hair look was on trend for Spring/Summer, creating a sleek and fresh style. The clean and slick hair look played with contrasting textures to match the Bold Vision aesthetic whilst still capturing the new season hair trend, “I wanted to create a look that’s clean but still had a slight edge to keep it interesting. I love that we get to play with both a matte and shiny texture,” said Furlan.
Effortless and contrasting texture is a trend we’re bound to see more of this Summer, according to Furlan, “This summer it’s all about creating or enhancing beautiful natural texture that looks effortless; that subtle natural wave that looks like you spent no time at all doing it.”
The key is keeping your hair healthy and in good condition. Furlan recommends using treatments to combat and prep for the summer sun, “Summer can be torture on your hair with all the time you spend outside in the sun, sand and surf. So in the lead up, I always recommend using treatments to get your hair in shape for summer. When you hair is healthy, it’s easier to achieve a great style.”
Get The Look:
1. Prepare the hair by adding a few drops of L’Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil Nourishing Oil (RRP $38.00) through the lengths and ends to help smooth the cuticle and add shine.
2. Next, create a deep, clean side part by using the arch of your eyebrow as a guide.
3. Run the L’Oréal Professionnel SteamPod (RRP $270) through lengths for silky straight hair.
4. Secure the top lengths either side of the part to just behind the ear with L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.art Contorsion Fix (RRP $25.00)
Tip: Use a sponge to apply Contorsion Fix to avoid comb marks and for the smoothest finish.
5. Finish by spraying with L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.art Nude Touch Natural Finish (RRP $25.00) finishing spray through mid-lengths and ends for a natural looking hold.
Images by Jamie Furlan