Australia’s only live fashion show is back for 2012 with an all new set up. Hosted by fashion luminaries Philip Boon and Jenny Bannister, Fashion Torque’s 2012’s sessions will be held on the last Wednesday of every month in the newly opened Hasti Bala bar located on level 3 of the Carlton Hotel in Melbourne’s CBD.
Officially sponsored by Acqua Panna, the new time of 7pm mean there is no excuse not to attend! The new program will have over two panellists with at least 3 streams of discussions.
To celebrate the new year of ‘torquing’ Jenny and Philip unveiled their new promotional image shot by photographer Garry Moore with make-up by Narelle Hall and Veronica Moore founder of production company Miss Bossy Boots.
Amongst the fashion crowd to see the unveiling was Calvin from Vanity Press, Irish fromStylezilla, Christopher from Fashionmuuse, James from Ravishing Retail, Iolanthe fromRuby Slipper, Sarah from Sarah’s Style Emporium, Rina from Take2Markets, James, Director of ACMI and Glenda from Gtgadabout.
Discussions will be centred broadly around the following topics:
- Fashion Torque Recommends – will showcase emerging people in the industry
- Fashion Torque Debates – industry experts will debate a range of topics
- Fashion Torque Fans – this segment will be dedicated to topics fans want to discuss
- Fashion Torque Films – iconic fashion films will be analysed
- Fashion Torque Community – this segment will turn the spotlight on those people that are doing things in the fashion industry which are bringing people of the fashion industry together
This year there will also be a focus on performing artists from all different creative spaces.
Fashion Torque is the perfect way to meet a fantastic array of amazingly and talented people in the fashion industry. It is not just for those working in fashion, people who are interested in fashion are more than welcome to attend.
The first show is scheduled for Wednesday 29 February with the topic ‘Predictions for 2012 for the fashion industry’ set for discussion. Panellists set to attend are JC Lloyd-Southwell d’Anvers, designer and co-owner of Madam Virtue, Sarah Gale from The Iconic and Sarah Gale Consulting, Sarah Willcocks from Style Melbourne and Anthony Capon from a.concept and et al.
This year is set to be a big one for Fashion Torque so make sure you get a long and see what all the fuss is about!