Skincare brand ARCONA is known and respected for its high quality, luxury formulations under the guidance of ARCONA’s protegée Chanel Jenae. Working with a team of professionals whose expertise and commitment equal her own, ARCONA has become a leading brand of skincare products working on helping people enhance and treat their skin.
Chanel was recently out in Australia and we caught up with her to talk to her about ARCONA and to get her top beauty tips.
What is the story behind the brand and what are your inspirations for ARCONA?
We started in Los Angeles with a skin studio. We believe everything your put on the body you’re putting into the body. The skin is very permeable. So we strive to share with people products that specifically target a variety of concerns. Our goal is to bring the skin into homeostasis.
ARCONA products contain no petrochemicals, binders or fillers, chemical stabilizers, parabens, sodium lauryl sulphates, synthetic perfumes, colors, ethoxlyated ingredients or other toxic ingredients. Common additives such as these support no more than a brief, cosmetic change in skin while clogging the pores and ultimately blocking the restoration of healthy, balanced skin.
What makes ARCONA different to other skincare brands?
The key to ARCONA’s effectiveness is active ingredients and the way they are combined and processed. Cosmeceutical-grade ingredients such as enzymes, antioxidants, growth factors, peptides are formulated to work synergistically to deliver powerful results.
- Free of petro-chemicals, phthalates, parabens, ethoxlyated ingredients.
- Cold Processed – Our products are cold processed so all the incredible ingredients are not destroyed by high temperatures. Similar to boiling vegetables much of the nutrients are killed, unlike when you steam them.
- Chirally Correct – Active ingredients are processed-and our products are manufactured-according to scientifically tested, chirally-correct technology, which allows products to link up most effectively with skin cell receptors for better absorption and more visible results.
- Small Batches – ARCONA products are processed in small batches to keep them fresh and assure the potency of active ingredients. Many of our products have expiration dates, so small batches guarantee that products are delivered to the marketplace immediately and used while they are most effective.
- Enzymatic Bases – Enzymes are nature’s own cleansers. They help assist with cell renewal. They decompose dead skin cells, and only take what is ready to come off, not injuring new young baby cells.
We’re in the midst of winter here which can be very drying to skin – what are your top skincare tips to help with the cold weather?
- A humidifier which help to prevent the skin from becoming dehydrated.
- Increase your daily intake of water.
- Exfoliate the dead skin layer with a gommage or lactic acid serum. This will allow the subsequent moisturizers and facial oils to penetrate better.
- Incorporate a facial oil into your daily regimen along with a richer moisturizer to prevent water loss and protect your skin from the harsh conditions of indoor heat and the colder drying climate.
- Wear SPF daily.
- Eat healthy fats like avocados, coconut oil and nuts.
Do you have any must-have ARCONA items that every girl should have in their beauty kit?
Triad Pads, Gentle Solution, Magic Black Ice Mask, Four O’Clock Flower Moisturizer, Eye Dew Plus and Cranberry Gommage.
What are your top 5 skincare tips?
1. Cleansing is key to beautiful skin. Double cleanse nightly.
2. Exfoliate gently and but consistently 2-3 x’s a week. It will address a myriad of concerns from lacklustre skin, speed up cell renewal and allow subsequent serums and creams to absorb better.
3. Use a retinol calibrated for your skin type 2-3 x’s a week. It is the gold standard and works to target fine lines, wrinkles, enlarges pores, breakouts, discolorations and overall skin texture.
4. Use SPF daily.
5. Eat clean (lots of greens, green juices, water, avoid sugar and carbs) and exercise which helps to detox the body and help improve the skin.
ARCONA is available from Sephora Australia. For more information visit www.sephora.com.au
Can you tell us more about this? I’d love to find out more details.