Last night, Australia welcomed its first Topshop in the Jam Factory building on Chapel Street, Melbourne. TOPSHOP MELBOURNE LAUNCH PARTY With hopes that TopShop will revive Chapel St and become the beating heart of retail in South Yarra, The 1,600 square foot flagship store opens today at 10am but Couturing joined the launch party last night getting a preview of what the UK chain store would be bringing down under. Topshop creative director and ex-UK Vogue editor, Kate Phelan and Topman Design Director Gordon Richardson flew down especially for the launch.
So what can shoppers expect from the latest chain store to hit our shores? There will be a select range of pieces available exclusively in the Australian market during the grand opening, with lots of giveaways and promotions such a gift vouchers, in-house make-overs and photobooths to capture all the action. In an added bonus, the Melbourne Topshop will offer a personal shopping service, only the third city beyond London and New York to do so. Couturing were lucky enought to meet some of the personal shoppers and not only do they have amazing style, but they are the nicest people so make sure you book a visit before all appointments are taken!
For the ladies, the store will feature four collections, including Glam Rockette (lots of jewel tones and sparkle), Deco Grunge (1920’s and 30’s inspired flapper dresses made from luxe fabrics), Midnight Angel (feminine silk pieces mixed with tough leather jackets and studs) and Bavaria (softer pieces drawing inspiration from folklore with detailed embroidery and delicate prints). Topshop have also created an 11-piece 70’s inspired make-up collection called Smoke & Mirrors.
The gentlemen are also well taken care of with four collections including Trawler (nautical inspired slim jeans and jackets with a Russian twist), Trans Siberia (a mix of folkloric patterns with a modern edge – think beat-up denim, shearling and corduroy), AAA (rockstar range with a rebellious edge) and Topman Ltd (bi-monthly limited edition collection slightly more upmarket than the main line).
Thank you to Topshop and Torstar for hosting such an amazing event. Make sure you head in for some Xmas bargains and before everything goes!
Did we take a photo of you that you can’t see here? It’s definitely on our Facebook page then!
- WE MEET THE FINALISTS FOR SIMONE PÉRÈLE’S CURVY COUTURE MODEL SEARCH
- WHY YOU NEED A KINI BIKINI THIS SUMMER
- DIVE INTO SUMMER WITH GP SWIM
- THE LATEST BALDWIN ON THE BLOCK
- GETTING BACK TO BASSIKE
- YSL DANGEROUS REDS – NEW CAMPAIGN FEATURING CARA DELEVINGNE
- JURLIQUE’S NEW NUTRI-DEFINE LUXE RANGE
- NEWS: LADY JAYNE SPORTS LUXE COLLECTION, SANCTUARY SPA WONDER OIL AND ESSENZZA FACIAL WIPES
- RAQUEL ZIMMERMANN FRONTS THE NEW NARCISO BY NARCISO RODRIGUEZ CAMPAIGN
- DISCOVERING THE SECRET TO GLOWING SKIN WITH JOSIE MARAN
- THE 2014 LAVAZZA ITALIAN FILM FESTIVAL BRINGS A TASTE OF MEDITERRANEAN TO OUR SCREENS
- NEWS: THE EMERSON TURNS 1, HAMMER & TONG’S FOOD TRUCK AND IL FORNO OPENS IN SOUTH YARRA
- REKORDERLIG CIDES PRESENTS SOUNDS IN THE SNOW AT THREDBO
- CELEBRATE WORLD CHOCOLATE DAY WITH CADBURY
- A WEEKEND IN THE TASMANIAN OUTDOORS