Myer launched its Spring/Summer 2016 collection at Sydney’s Barangaroo showcasing the hottest trends for the upcoming seasons.
YSL created two beautiful makeup looks for the show whilst KEVIN.MURPHY created the stunning hair styles for the collection. We went backstage to find out what went into the beauty looks of the evening.
MAKEUP BY YSL BEAUTE
Yves Saint Laurent Beauté’s Creative Director, Ross Andrewartha lead a team of 20 make-up artists to create two striking and contrasting beauty looks at MYER Spring/Summer launch. For both looks soft, dewy skin lead the way, “Skin realism is my word for this season’s trend. We are looking at invisible dreamy skin no make up make up, raw, organic skin that gleams with radiance. The art of highlighting is your must for achieving this trend this summer,” explains Andrewartha. To achieve the look the team used Touche Éclat Le Teint ($85) and Touche Éclat ($63) as the base, followed by gentle highlighting with Les Saharienne Bronzing Stone ($89) with Babydoll Kiss and Blush 12 ($60) on the apples of the cheeks.
Look 1: All about the eyes
To create the dramatic eyes, the Yves Saint Laurent Beaute team referenced a new trend in eye make-up: “Tea bag stained eyes are a must for Spring/Summer and the Australian Girl.” Described by Ross as “easy to achieve by combining earthy hues on the eyes , building the product as you see fit.” The team used Couture Mono No.4 ($49), Dessin Du Regard No. 2 ($46), Mascara Volume Effect Faux Cils Mascara No. 1 ($57), Couture Brow and Dessin De Sourcils Brow Pencil ($47) to create tonight’s moody eye. The understated lips were created using a combination of Rouge Pur Couture No.5 and No. 11 ($55).
Look 2: Be Bold
The second look for the show saw the focus on the lips with a bold mulberry lip making its way down the catwalk. “Statement lips are definitely a must this season, classic reds but my most favourite would have to be the vampy oxblood. This is statement piece would be definitely be a signature this season”, says Ross who paired the lip with a timeless nude eye. To achieve this look Ross used the recently launched Vernis A Levres Vinyl Cream No. 401 ($55). The high coverage liquid lip colour offers the ultimate shine, comfort, and all day wear. The team created the eyes using two products: Couture Mono No.4 ($49) and Babydoll Kiss & Blush No.7 ($60)
HAIR BY KEVIN.MURPHY
International editorial stylist Kevin Murphy has directed the hair once again for Myer’s Spring Summer 16 launch with Session.Masters Nathan Gorman and James Nicholson joining him at the helm as well as a team of Session.Stylists. “I am thrilled to be working with Myer again to launch their spring summer collection,” said Kevin Murphy. “This season we have four unique hair looks, inspired by high fashion hair trends and acknowledging the diversity of Myer’s customers.”
The four looks can be created at home following the easy steps below.
Chignon to accentuate cheekbones and embraces natural hair texture
1. Apply KEVIN.MURPHY KILLER.CURLS to dry hair
2. Random curls with large tong
3. Stitch or pin to shape and finish with KEVIN.MURPHY DOO.OVER
Twist ‘n Stitch
This is a modern take on braids/cornrows
1. Spritz with KEVIN.MURPHY STAYING.ALIVE and comb sections from hairline to nape
2. Starting at the nape, twist and stitch each section, using the KEVIN.MURPHY SEWING.KIT to form a tube. Secure at the nape. Spritz with KEVIN.MURPHY HAIR.RESORT.SPRAY
3. Draw the remaining hair together in two sections, over each shoulder, and bind with thread, in a Nordic criss/cross and secure at the end. Leave a small tail. Embellish with KEVIN.MURPHY SHIMMER.SHINE
Chic ‘n Smart
Lustre, polish, sheen. Heroes skin and make-up
1. Prep with KEVIN.MURPHY RE.STORE
2. Blow straight with KEVIN.MURPHY SMOOTH.AGAIN and KEVIN.MURPHY LARGE.ROLL.BRUSH
3. Layer with KEVIN.MURPHY SESSION.SPRAY and secure at the nape
Fabric bound, celebrating head ‘silhouette and form’
1. Head-wrap hair, moulding to the head’s shape with KEVIN.MURPHY BODY.BUILDER
2. Apply KEVIN.MURPHY SESSION.SPRAY to secure
3. Layer on fabric to form a hood
Leave a Reply