BONDI SANDS BEACH CLUB LAUNCHES FOR AUSTRALIA DAY RACES
A trackside oasis will be revealed at Caulfield Racecourse today January 26 as Melbourne Racing Club unveils the Bondi Sands Beach Club.
Inspired by luxe Balinese and Mexican beach clubs, the Bondi Sands Beach Club is a haven of pristine sand, cooling water pools, refreshing cocktails and chilled out tunes, just metres from the home straight.
With 15 cubic metres of sand housing a cocktail bar, lounges, beach bags, deck chairs and umbrellas, the precinct also features 70 metres of timber boardwalk and a 1.5 metre deep plunge pool upon an elevated deck for those wishing to cool off across the day.
Sure to be the hottest place to be this summer, the Bondi Sands Beach Club is free for all racegoers across three premier race days, including this Saturday 26 January, C.F. Orr Stakes Family Day on Saturday 9 February and Ladbrokes Blue Diamond Stakes Day on
Saturday 23 February.
Today, racegoers are encouraged to get into the sporting spirit, kick their shoes off, have a hit of volleyball and relax to the tunes of the Ash James Trio in between races.
For more information, visit mrc.racing.com
MOVIES UNDER THE STARS AT YARRA’S EDGE
Melbournians are invited to pack a picnic and a blanket and head to Yarra’s Edge for pre-movie entertainment and blockbuster films while sitting back and relaxing by the Yarra River this summer. The program includes:
- Thursday 7 February: Baz Luhrman’s Oscar-winning film The Great Gatsby (M)
- Friday 8 February: Marvel Studios’ blockbuster movie Black Panther (M)
- Saturday 9 February: The family-friendly Peter Rabbit (G)
Movie-goers will enjoy:
- Free bean bags for the first 100 movie-goers
- A pre-movie glass of wine or a bite to eat at a nearby riverside restaurant
- On-site food and snacks
- Chill out to DJ tunes on the lawn
Details are as follows:
- Time: Site opens at 6.30pm, movies start at sunset.
- Registrations: Go to http://ye.movies.mirvac.com/ to register
- Location: Point Park, Point Park Crescent, Docklands (only 2.4km from the CBD)
- Transportation: Catch the free City Circle tram, or the No. 70 or No. 75 tram via Flinders Street. Walk along the promenade from the Docklands or CBD. Take the free return ferry service from Federation Square (departing at 6.00pm), or park your car on nearby Point Park Crescent, Lorimer Street and South Wharf Drive, Docklands.
- This is a dog-friendly event