Tea parties have been all the rage since your great-great grandmother’s grandmother could knit a doily. And we at Couturing wholly agree. Tea parties are a must for this summer so we’ve collected some truly tea-riffic recipes to please any crowd.
Indian chai and Japanese sencha take your fancy? How about vanilla chai muffins with green iced tea and summer fruits? These two recipes go wonderfully together, so bring your friends over, cool down and enjoy a refreshing summer tea party!
Vanilla Chai Tea Muffins
– 1 cup plain flour (wholemeal)
– 12 cupcake liners
– 1/4 cup chai tea mix
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter
– 3/4 packed brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 eggs
– 1/3 cup milk (use soy for a nuttier taste)
– 3/4 cup softened cream cheese
– 1/4 cup chai tea mix
– 1/4 cup icing sugar
– First, preheat your oven to 180 degrees, grease and line your muffin tray.
– Combine the flour, chai tea mix, baking powder and salt, mix together until combined
– In a separate mixing bowl, combine the sugar and butter, mix together until it forms a light cream
– Add the two eggs one at a time and beat well, then add vanilla essence.
– Mix all of this together, slowly adding the dry ingredients.
– Mix whilst adding milk; mix thoroughly making sure there are no lumps.
– Scoop the mixture into the cupcake liners making them about 3/4 full.
– Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and use a fork or skewer to test they are cooked through.
– Eat the remaining mixture left in the bowl.
– Whilst the muffins are cooking, start to mix up the ingredients for the frost.
– Take the muffins out of the oven allowing let them cool
– Frost cupcakes as desired.
Green Iced Tea with Summer Fruits
– 2L water
– 6 green tea bags
– caster sugar to taste
– 1 orange, sliced
– 1/2 Pink Lady apple, cut into wedges
– 1 lime, sliced
– 6 strawberries, halved
– Put water in a pot or in a kettle until boiled.
– Use a teapot or jug to fill with boiling water, add tea bags and infuse for 3-5 minutes.
– Remove teabags.
– Add caster sugar to taste, and stir until dissolved.
– Refrigerate until cool (approximately 2-3 hours).
– Pour tea into a pitcher or jug, add ice and fruit.
Now go and enjoy the beautiful weather with your refreshing iced tea and superb muffins!