The recently transformed Railway Hotel in Windsor will be turning on a traditional Australian Christmas feast on Christmas Day. Head Chef Simon Tarlington (ex Quay, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay and Maze) has created an Australian long lunch, focusing on a very traditional Australian Christmas, tying in with The Railway’s commitment to using local where possible.
The menu, which will be served in the Hotel’s prestigious new restaurant titled Highline is $80 per person ($40 for kids) and will feature:
- Traditional roast turkey with house made Australian stuffing
- Slow cooked roast pork, with country style crackle
- Australian glazed ham
- Fresh Australian prawns
- Slow roasted potatoes with butter and herbs
- Seasonal salads featuring produce sourced from The Railway’s own farm, Oak Valley Farm
- Christmas pudding trifle – a combination of the infamous Christmas pudding and trifle
- Australian pavlova featuring berries and fresh fruit from Oak Valley Farm
Guests will receive a complimentary schooner of beer or glass of wine on arrival, and free soft drink will be served all day for the kids.
To book and for more information visit www.therailway.com.au or call +613 9510 4050
The Railway Hotel – 29 Chapel Street Windsor VIC 3181