Monday: Movie buffs, this is your night! Go to Cinema Nova and check out the new Woody Allen film, To Rome With Love. Featuring Alec Baldwin, Penélope Cruz, Ellen Page, Jesse Eisenberg and Allen’s first on-camera appearance in 6 years, this one should not be missed. Cinema Nova is on Lygon Street, Carlton, and tickets are only $6 before 4pm on Mondays or $9 for sessions after 4pm. For more details, visit the Cinema Nova website.
Tuesday: Organise an afternoon picnic in the Royal Botanic Gardens and stay for the ‘Harp in the Gardens’ music performance. Every Tuesday in Spring, the Garden’s resident harpist, Michael Johnson, performs original and inspiring music from 2 – 3pm. Visit the Royal Botanic Gardens website for more information.
Wednesday: Happy Halloween! Put your creative culinary skills to the test and organise a Halloween-themed dinner party or movie night. Make sure you’ve stocked up on lollies for any little trick or treaters that might be headed your way.
Thursday: Enjoy live jazz music from 8.30pm onwards at the Bennetts Lane Jazz Club in the CBD, which hosts a range of local and international musicians and provides a great venue for a ‘can’t wait until the weekend’ date night or a cheeky mid-weeky with friends.
Friday: Enjoy some TGIF beverages at Lily Blacks in Meyers Place and then head next door for an Argentinian feast at San Telmo, one of Melbourne’s newest and most exciting restaurants. You can’t go wrong with any of the selections from their range of smoky char-grilled meats and make sure you leave some room for their famed Dulce De Leche.
Saturday: Today is all about black and white, it’s Derby Day! The Flemington Racecourse gates open at 8.30am, first race is at 11.20am and the last race at 5.10pm. Derby Day is considered by racing enthusiasts as one of the best thoroughbred racing days and it is equally popular amongst Melbourne’s fashionistas, as it marks the start of the VRC’s Myer Fashions on the Field.
Sunday: What would Sunday be without a sleep-in, late brunch, and a trip to the markets? We recommend brunch at Chez Dré, a French inspired patisserie and boulangerie located at the rear of Coventry Street in South Melbourne. It can get pretty crowded so if you don’t want to wait for a table, just pick up a coffee and croissant or one of their brioche-based pastries and head straight to the South Melbourne Markets to stock up on some quality produce for the week ahead.
- THE CAUFIELD JOURNEY
- THE NEW BASSIKE
- 10 TOP TRENDS FROM NYFW
- ROCK YOUR RUN WITH HEIDI KLUM FOR NEW BALANCE
- DESIGNING A FASHION STAPLE
- GET YOUR PINK ON WITH BRIGHT PINK LIPSTICK DAY THIS SEPTEMBER 26 TO SUPPORT PINK HOPE
- YSL DANGEROUS REDS – NEW CAMPAIGN FEATURING CARA DELEVINGNE
- JURLIQUE’S NEW NUTRI-DEFINE LUXE RANGE
- NEWS: LADY JAYNE SPORTS LUXE COLLECTION, SANCTUARY SPA WONDER OIL AND ESSENZZA FACIAL WIPES
- RAQUEL ZIMMERMANN FRONTS THE NEW NARCISO BY NARCISO RODRIGUEZ CAMPAIGN
- MORE THAN JUST DUMPLINGS AT THE NEW SHANGHAI
- THE 2014 LAVAZZA ITALIAN FILM FESTIVAL BRINGS A TASTE OF MEDITERRANEAN TO OUR SCREENS
- NEWS: THE EMERSON TURNS 1, HAMMER & TONG’S FOOD TRUCK AND IL FORNO OPENS IN SOUTH YARRA
- REKORDERLIG CIDES PRESENTS SOUNDS IN THE SNOW AT THREDBO
- CELEBRATE WORLD CHOCOLATE DAY WITH CADBURY