The Highpoint Style Set is a brilliant initiative to share insider secrets to the fashion conscious; how did this come about?
We thought what better way to show off Highpoint’s new fashion mall and range of key Australian and international retailers than through fashion-based events, editorial fashion shoots and an in-centre personal styling program…. and so the Highpoint Style Set was born!
The Highpoint Style Set is made up of four fashion stylists and consultants from varying backgrounds and experience, including Nadia Bartel, Sarah Singer and Meagan Harding. Having a cross-section of knowledge allows us to all have an original approach to fashion, and gives consumers the opportunity to explore their own style with a stylist they relate to.
What does a typical Highpoint Personal Styling consultation involve?
The personal styling sessions with Nadia, Meagan and Sarah generally involve an initial consultation where you can discuss your requirements, budget and expectations. Sometimes the experience may involve assisting the client with a full wardrobe overhaul, or may be as simple as helping them purchase a new outfit for a special occasion. Once the girls have a solid understanding of the client’s requirements it’s time to hit the shops! Often it can be a matter of trial and error- trying things on that you may have never previously considered, and stepping out of your comfort zone a little. Nadia, Megan and Sarah are great at showing you new ways of putting looks together, and getting maximum wear from your garments. It can be a very empowering and rewarding experience, and hopefully by the end of the session you will have the confidence to shop and dress with a fresh perspective on what works best for your lifestyle, age and body shape.
Highpoint has some of Australia’s most loved home-grown and international brands; What trends are you loving that you’ve seen through the retailers?
For summer it’s great to see the return of colour at Highpoint. After a very dark, minimal winter, a lot of retailers are currently showcasing a lot of bright block colour, vibrant prints and crisp summer whites.
Florals and leaf prints are also quite prominent with retailers such as Sass and Bide, Sheike, Country Road and Trenery nailing the trend with a great offering of statement dresses, tops and jumpsuits.
And just in time for the races and party season there are so many great dresses on offer within the centre. Brands like Topshop, Zara, Witchery and of course David Jones have a huge selection- from party dresses and gowns to beach or bbq casual throw-ons.
Speaking of trends, some women can be a little scared of trying a look ripped from the runway – what are your suggestions for interpreting a trend into real life?
In my opinion it’s always best to dress for your own personal style and shape rather than trying to completely adopt a trend head to toe.
For example, one trend that is big this season is full skirts, however they certainly don’t suit everyone. If you’re quite a petite build it’s best to go for a style that sits at the knee and cinches you in at the waist so it doesn’t overwhelm you. If you are a bigger build it’s probably best to consider a longer line skirt and ensure that the cut of the fabric is flattering rather than adding on additional bulk.
For a wearable approach to seasonal trends visit highpoint.com.au to check out my monthly blog posts, and Highpoint’s Instagram for my weekly trend shoots, where I’ll share unique ways of incorporating trends into your wardrobe. Remember to always stay true to your own style ethos and you can’t go wrong.
Finally, what are your must have pieces for this season?
- A pair of great quality slides or flats sandals. I’m constantly running around all day and am so grateful for the fact that slides and flats are on-trend and so readily available. Wittner and Country Road have some really great styles that I’ve got my eye on at the moment!
- A black full skirt. A versatile, key wardrobe staple that can be put back with flats and a tee for day, or heels and a dressy top for night. Nicholas at David Jones have some great cuts, as well as Cue and Veronika Maine.
- A great statement necklace. I love dressing up a really casual pair of jeans and a tee with a statement necklace. Mimco have some great styles at the moment, and Myer always has a huge selection to tempt me.
- A new beach towel. Strange as is may sound I have a bit of a beach towel addiction. I always love the Country Road towels, and Gorman have also done a really cute selection- the lobster print is definitely a stand out!
- A great pair of sunnies. I love a pair of statement sunnies, but also can’t go past a simple black shape. Sunglass Hut have all the fun Karen Walker and Prada styles, whilst David Jones have a great selection of core ranges from Chanel and Dior, and the new Preen line they have just launched is killer!
- A great overnight bag. I travel quite a lot for work, and love to get away for mini breaks over the summer so a great overnight bag is a must. Oroton have some beautiful leather versions (I actually really like the men’s styles they do), or for a more affordable version you can’t go past Country Road.