Want to spice up your look this Winter? Well it doesn’t have to be hard. Well loved men’s hair care brand, American Crew are telling us that two of the hottest trends this Winter can be achieved with just one great cut.
Women change their hair hundreds of times throughout their lifetime, so why can’t men do the same and experiment with different styles? Get rid of that same do’ you’ve been sporting for years and try something different this winter, with American Crew.
Phoenix Thomson, leading hairstylist for American Crew, says its easy to update your look – being impeccably groomed whilst being experimental at the same time. Two of the hottest looks are the Modern day comb over and the Rockabilly edge.
To achieve the Modern day comber over, Phoenix says it can be achieved with three simple steps.
1. For a smooth shape with a plenty of hold, prep the hair with American CrewFirm Hold Gel (RRP $23.95) and allow to dry naturally
2. If you need it to dry faster, help it along with some heat and a small flat paddle brush
3. Brush the hair in the direction it moves naturally and use the blow drier at the front for an element of lift at the hairline
The second look, Rockabilly edge takes the same cut but blends it up to give a slight quiff in the hair. Taking only four steps, you can rock your new look in no time.
1. For a shape that defies gravity, apply American Crew Firm Hold Gel (RRP $23.95) liberally to damp hair
2. Using a dryer and your hands, lift the hair at the roots to get the height needed to re-create this shape
3. Then grab large amounts of hair in your hands and squeeze it as the dryer adds heat to cement the movement on the ends
4. Rub a small amount of American Crew Fiber (RRP $29.95) into your hands and use this on the ends of the hair, for hold and a matte finish
For more amazing hair tips, American Crew All Star Phoenix Thomson, shares some to help you with your Winter hair.
1. For a beachy finish on hair, spray American Crew Medium Hold Spray Gel (RRP $23.95) onto damp hair, shake it out and allow to dry for a ‘just out of the ocean’ texture
2. If it’s a groomed finish you want, put a 50 cent piece amount of gel onto damp hair. Comb your part in and dry for a smooth finish with a small paddle brush. It will give you a great foundation for your finishing product. American CrewPomade (RRP $29.95) is a favourite for high shine!
3. Drying in American Crew Superglue (RRP $29.95) will give you a high hold, high shine wind-defying shape that will last all day. Always apply a small amount to wet hair and use your fingers or a small denman brush and use the hairdryer to lock in the height and form you want to create.
4. Don’t want any shine? American Crew Ultramatte (RRP $24.95) is a great alternative to Crew’s shinier gel brothers. Rub through a 20 cent piece size of Ultramatte to damp hair and roughly dry in for the most matte finish. It will give you a strong foundation with firm control. Finish off with a dust of American Crew Boost Powder (RRP $29.95) if you want to add more texture and definition
For stockist details or further information on American Crew please call 1800 104 204 or visit www.americancrew.com.