Frankie Magazine brought all sorts of 70s glam to the runway at last nights Premium Runway 2 for Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival. Couturing headed backstage to catch a glimpse of the creative team at L’Oreal Paris and Schwarzkopf. Keep reading to find out how to recreate the biggest beauty trends – straight off the runway.
MAKEUP BY RAE MORRIS SUPPORTED BY L’OREAL PARIS
Teaming up with Priceline Australia, Makeup director Rae Morris brought an inner 70s glam out on the runway on Monday night. Influenced by a high sheen and ‘monochromatic’ complexion, Morris focused heavily on rose and coral hues. Highlighting the facial features with a brush of blush on the bridge of the nose and upper cheekbones, this look stayed dramatic down the runway.
To recreate the look, Morris focused on creating a sheen base to work with. Using L’Oreal Paris Lumi Magique Foundation first before applying L’Oreal Paris Nude Magique BB Powder to polish the face. After setting a light foundation, Morris began to work L’Oreal Paris True Match Le Blush in Rosewood around the cheekbones to define the contours and highlighted below the eyes with Luma By Jess Hart Illuminating Highlighter. Next, Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick in Coral Sheen was swept over the eyes and brushed out to the temples.
“I’m using one shade al over, with a feminine wash of peach on the eyes, lips and cheeks, with a glossy look on the skin,” said Morris.
Manicare Glam Eyes Bambi falsies were applied to the lashes and pumped with L’Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara in Black for a more dramatic look.
HAIR BY KENNETH STODDART SUPPORTED BY SCHWARZKOPF
Complimenting the makeup look and going ahead with a retro glam look, hair director Kenneth Stoddart teamed up with Schwarzkopf to create long wavy locks at the Frankie presentation.
“For this look, the front braid should be fishtail, with a home done normal braid at the back of the ear,” said Stoddart.
To recreate last night’s look, follow these simple steps:
- Dampen hair slightly with water and add Schwarzkopf sea salt spray all over
- Apply Silhouette Mousse Super Hold all over and secure hair in low side part
- Rough dry and softly squeeze dry the hair with fingers to maintain natural movement and texture
- Using a combination of a 1 inch and 1.5 inch tong, curl the middle lengths of hair to add movement and waves
- Rake through the hair with fingers to break up and for an uneven and ‘natural’ do
- Use Schwarzkopf Refresh Dust through the hair, then Volume Up Texture Spray to add more bounce
- Complete the braid and brush hair section through prior to final fishtail braid at the front.
Leave a Reply