Melbourne Cup Day is the time to shine! The day brings colour to the track and we’ve picked the beauty look from the Kookai SS16/17 runway that would suit bright (and dark) colour dresses.
Napoleon Perdis created the beauty look for the Kookai SS16/17 which boasted a variety of colour palettes and designs befit of a fun season ahead.
To create the look, you can follow the steps below!
1. Create lustworthy skin, begin by cleansing with Auto Pilot Hydrating Milk Cleanser; massage into skin using your fingertips, spritz the face with Auto Pilot Moisture Mist and massage further for a deeper clean.
2. Plump and perfect with Auto Pilot Napoleon Complex Skin Renewal Serum; massage into the skin using fingertips or buff with Complexion Perfection Brush 23s. Boost under eye hydration with Supreme Eye Cream by patting over the under eye area using your fingertips.
3. Add luminosity and an extra shot of hydration with Auto Pilot Radiance-Boosting Primer; apply using Complexion Perfection Brush 23s.
4. Before adding any makeup, Napoleon Perdis advises to prepare the brows and mascara first!
a) Frame the face by defining the brows with Eyebrow Pencil Pale Rider. Set in place with Wand-er Brow Clear to Go.
b) Extend your lashes with Total Bae Own It! Mascara Jet. For added volume apply a second coat. • Lighten and brighten eyes with eyes with The One Concealer. Tap around the eyes and any areas of concern. Fuse into the skin using Correct & Conceal Brush g14.
c) Achieve a dewy finish using Auto Pilot BBB Cream. Blend over your skin using fingertips or High Definition Concealer/Foundation Brush g20.
d) Set and perfect the base with Camera Finish Powder Foundation. Dust over the feature focus area.
Now that the base is prepared you can apply these additions to your specific areas:
1. Add warmth to the eyes using Color Disc Tawny Temptress over the mobile lid, blending upwards past the socket of the eye for a fused finish. Add a soft sweep along the lower lash line for subtle definition.
Sculpt the eyes further by sweeping Color Disc Espresso to Go softly through the socket and along the lower lash line for a smokey effect using Sculpting Brush 10r. Highlight the inner corners of the eyes with Loose Eye Dust Mosaic Gold.
To brighten the eyes, tap Loose Eye Dust Star Light onto the mobile lid.
Add a flushed hint of pink to the cheeks with a sweep of Blush It! Blush Powder Cheeky using Chisel Blush Brush 22b. Using Matte Bronze, sculpt the face and create a sun kissed look by applying to the high points of the face.
Create golden highlights using Light Switch Luminizer Pallette Gold on the top of the cheekbones, cupids bow and down the bridge of the nose.
Layer with a generous amount of Loose Eye Dust Honey Child for intense sparkle and shine.
Team your bronze eye with an application of DeVine Goddess Lipstick Electra
Images by Lucas Dawson Photography