Lime, the world’s largest provider of shared electric bikes and scooters, has launched Australia’s first Helmet Hair Salon in collaboration with leading hair agency, Edwards and Co., offering Melburnian e-riders and e-bikers free hair styling education appointments on Monday 23 October with bookings opening at 9am on 16 October, 2023.
The Lime and Edwards and Co. collaboration also counters the call-out from the near one-in-five (19%) bike/scooter riders who say the potential of post-ride helmet hair is a deterrent. The ‘serious’ aim of this fun initiative is to demonstrate that bad hair day fears should never be a barrier to safe and sustainable e-bike and e-scooter riding.
There are 40 complimentary 30-minute appointments available between 9am and 2pm at Edwards and Co.’s salon in Fitzroy, courtesy of Lime. The following styling options are available for the free appointments:
● dry styling (please ensure hair is clean beforehand), such as curling, beach waves and straightening
● helmet hair prevention prep, including how to do the perfect braids (i.e. dutch, bubble, halo) and stylish slicked back or low ponytails
● dry cuts for men.
Edwards and Co. professional stylists will provide advice on how to prevent and fix ‘helmet hair’ of all lengths and textures, such as:
● make sure your hair is dry – popping a helmet over wet hair will only put you on a fast track to flat lifeless locks
● invest in high quality hair wax – cheap alternatives just don’t cut it in the style-holding stakes when helmets are involved
● a pre-ride spritz of texturising spray or dry shampoo as well as a ‘structured’ style, such as a braid or low bun, can make a big difference to your ‘do’ when you reach your destination
● wearing a silk head scarf under your helmet helps reduce friction and keeps your hair smooth and frizz-free.
Jump on Trybooking to book a free appointment with an expert stylist, courtesy of Lime. The first round of appointments for Monday 23 October will be made available at 9am on Monday 16 October on a first-come, first-served basis.
The link for Trybooking can be accessed here.