Spring racing fever has officially kicked in as TopShop last night was transformed into a haven of floral crowns, cocktail dresses and 3-piece suits, showcasing their Spring offerings for both men and women this racing season.
To a crowd of fashionistas, bloggers and TopShop fanatics, editor of Grazia Australia Amy Molloy and fashion director David Bonney presented their favourite picks from the new TopShop/ TopMan range for this year’s racing carnival.
CHECK OUT COUTURING’S COVERAGE OF THE MELBOURNE’S TOPSHOP STORE OPENING HERE
Their advice? Ladies, don’t hold back! Clashing prints, contrasting textures (like matte and gloss), ankle length garden dresses and of course, a fitted statement blazer or coat over the shoulders (to brace this unexpected Melbourne weather) is the way to go. There was not a great emphasis on headpieces but Amy Molloy suggested that women should not take them too seriously and just have fun this year.
For men, besides dressing to match your partner (like any good boyfriend should), TopMan offers a wide range of classic 3-piece suits in all different colours and fabrics. This year, men are given a chance to stand out from the fashion pack by experimenting with patterns and putting a greater emphasis on the finer details, like a fun pocket square or patterned socks. David Bonney’s advice for men this Spring is “to have fun with clashing checks and prints as long as they still belong in the same colour family.”
The night was also a chance to launch their new collaboration with Melbourne based blogger Connie Cao on her range of limited edition floral crowns, now officially in stores for this Spring season.
As the ladies sipped on fruity cocktails while the men on whisky sours, waiters floated about the room with trays of mini mint-choc tops and canapés. The night of Spring Racing fashion and shopping was what every fashionista needed, as the perfect calm before the storm prior to the upcoming Spring racing carnival.
Images courtesy of Oyster
- DIVE INTO SUMMER WITH GP SWIM
- THE LATEST BALDWIN ON THE BLOCK
- GETTING BACK TO BASSIKE
- COUNTRY ROAD X RMIT
- WIN 1 OF 5 SHIRTS FROM AUTONOMY CLOTHING
- YSL DANGEROUS REDS – NEW CAMPAIGN FEATURING CARA DELEVINGNE
- JURLIQUE’S NEW NUTRI-DEFINE LUXE RANGE
- NEWS: LADY JAYNE SPORTS LUXE COLLECTION, SANCTUARY SPA WONDER OIL AND ESSENZZA FACIAL WIPES
- RAQUEL ZIMMERMANN FRONTS THE NEW NARCISO BY NARCISO RODRIGUEZ CAMPAIGN
- DISCOVERING THE SECRET TO GLOWING SKIN WITH JOSIE MARAN
- THE 2014 LAVAZZA ITALIAN FILM FESTIVAL BRINGS A TASTE OF MEDITERRANEAN TO OUR SCREENS
- NEWS: THE EMERSON TURNS 1, HAMMER & TONG’S FOOD TRUCK AND IL FORNO OPENS IN SOUTH YARRA
- REKORDERLIG CIDES PRESENTS SOUNDS IN THE SNOW AT THREDBO
- CELEBRATE WORLD CHOCOLATE DAY WITH CADBURY
- A WEEKEND IN THE TASMANIAN OUTDOORS