Spring racing fever has officially kicked in as TopShop last night was transformed into a haven of floral crowns, cocktail dresses and 3-piece suits, showcasing their Spring offerings for both men and women this racing season.
To a crowd of fashionistas, bloggers and TopShop fanatics, editor of Grazia Australia Amy Molloy and fashion director David Bonney presented their favourite picks from the new TopShop/ TopMan range for this year’s racing carnival.
CHECK OUT COUTURING’S COVERAGE OF THE MELBOURNE’S TOPSHOP STORE OPENING HERE
Their advice? Ladies, don’t hold back! Clashing prints, contrasting textures (like matte and gloss), ankle length garden dresses and of course, a fitted statement blazer or coat over the shoulders (to brace this unexpected Melbourne weather) is the way to go. There was not a great emphasis on headpieces but Amy Molloy suggested that women should not take them too seriously and just have fun this year.
For men, besides dressing to match your partner (like any good boyfriend should), TopMan offers a wide range of classic 3-piece suits in all different colours and fabrics. This year, men are given a chance to stand out from the fashion pack by experimenting with patterns and putting a greater emphasis on the finer details, like a fun pocket square or patterned socks. David Bonney’s advice for men this Spring is “to have fun with clashing checks and prints as long as they still belong in the same colour family.”
The night was also a chance to launch their new collaboration with Melbourne based blogger Connie Cao on her range of limited edition floral crowns, now officially in stores for this Spring season.
As the ladies sipped on fruity cocktails while the men on whisky sours, waiters floated about the room with trays of mini mint-choc tops and canapés. The night of Spring Racing fashion and shopping was what every fashionista needed, as the perfect calm before the storm prior to the upcoming Spring racing carnival.
Images courtesy of Oyster
- CARRERA AND JIMMY CHOO LAUNCH CAPSULE MEN’S EYEWEAR COLLECTION
- VIKTORIA AND WOODS CREATE A ‘RAPTURE’ FOR SS14
- STREET STYLE AT PARIS HAUTE COUTURE FASHION WEEK 2014
- KEEPING TIME WITH SEIKO AND NOVAK DJOKOVIC
- A BLOGGERS BREAKFAST WELCOMES LULULEMON TO THE EMPORIUM
- GIVEAWAY: KIEHL’S X DEBASER
- ROSEHIP OIL: REVOLUTIONISING SKINCARE
- TALKING ALL THINGS ANTI-AGEING, CHIA SEEDS AND PLASMA WITH PERRICONE MD AND MECCA COSMETICA
- IT ALL STARTS WITH THE BASE – LARA BINGLE TO LAUNCH TANNING BEAUTY RANGE
- THE FACES OF REVEAL BY CALVIN KLEIN, THE HOT NEW WOMEN’S FRAGRANCE