The festive season is well and truly upon us which parties, parties parties. A lady that knows a thing or two about parties is the beautiful Rosa Russian. Wife of Eve nightclub co-owner Nick Russian, Rosa is regularly seen at all the hottest parties and not to mention is currently working with Peroni as the fashion ambassador for the Portsea Polo.
In between preparing for the launch of her blog, Rozalia, next year, I got the low down from Rosa on her top places to shop for that perfect party dress, tricks to keep your hair and makeup looking fresh this festive season, and most importantly, the best way to recover after a big night out!
LISA: How do you like to get ready for a night out?
ROSA: I usually get a few friends around, throw on my ipod and pour a few cocktails before we head out.
One of my closest friends is also my makeup artist so having him over helping us get ready is always a fun process!
LISA: What are your top 3 beauty tips for making it through the party season?
ROSA: The party season is so crazy busy for everyone where you are rushing from your last work meeting out the door to your Christmas party so the key is to be prepared. My tips would be:
1. Dry shampoo – no matter how flat, oily your hair is a quick sprits of the dry shampoo will have your hair looking full of life and bouncy in no time!
2. Shellac nails – having shellac means your hands and feet will last longer then normal nail polish. So you don’t have to worry about fixing your mani or pedi every few days as they will be chip free for up to 3 weeks, getting your through the party season with beautiful nails.
3. Eye lash extensions – the amazing new trend where you can have false lashes that last up to 4 weeks! This has saved me buying mascara and also saved me time by not needing to apply mascara so your lashes are picture perfect as soon as you wake up. Not to mention you will no longer need to worry about running mascara after beach or pool parties
LISA: Top trends you are looking forward to wearing now the warmer weather is here?
ROSA: I’m loving all the colour prints and different textures that our out this season, so I’m looking forward to mixing my printed silk shorts with a printed floral top. Summer to me is about having fun with your clothes and you can definitely be bolder with your clothing choices. I’m also looking forward to wearing cute summer wedges. Means you can last longer on the dance floor!
LISA: What special pieces will you be wearing this festive season?
ROSA: The boys from J’Aton are lending me one of their incredible dresses for New Year’s Eve so I’m extremely lucky and excited to be bringing in the new year in one of their amazing creations.
Rosa in J’Aton dress for her wedding day
LISA: What are your handbag essentials for nights on the town?
- Compact powder to make sure you are shine free
- Bandaids, and
- Your camera to capture all the moments.
LISA: What are your recommendations for the best places to shop for a special party dress?
ROSA: My go to shops when I need a party dress would be:
- Green with envy
- Myer/David Jones as they have such a big selection
- Anything from ‘The Loft fashion Agency’ they have the most amazing brands
LISA: What are your top 3 must have pieces to buy this season?
- Statement sunglasses
- A cute pair of summer wedges
- A plexiglass clutch. I have my eye on a ‘Charlotte Olympia’ one.
LISA: Best tunes to get the party started?
ROSA: I have a premixed cd from Eve nightclub that includes all of my fave old school r&b/hip hop tunes, plus some early 80s music including Billy ocean, Diana Ross, Luther van dross to people of today such as Kanye West and Jay Z. I love this!
LISA: What are your go to brands for statement accessories and oufits?
ROSA: I love Tom Binns, and Danijo accessories! They do the most incredible jewel necklaces, cuffs and earrings. All you need is a basic $20 t shirt and one of their amazing necklaces and you will be ready to hit the town looking a million dollars!
LISA: Any fashion faux pas to avoid?
ROSA: Taking your shoes off! Ladies no matter what make sure you are wearing shoes at all time! All your hard work of picking the perfect dress and having beautiful hair and makeup goes out the window as soon as you are barefoot.
LISA: Best way to recover from a big night out?
ROSA: I head off to my parent’s house where I am lucky they have a sauna! Nothing’s better than sweating the toxins out of your body.
LISA: What will you be doing this new year?
ROSA: My husband is throwing a New Year’s Eve party called ‘Together’ at the Prince pool deck, so I will be bringing in the new year with all our friends. My brother who I haven’t seen for a few months is coming so I am excited to celebrate with my nearest and dearest.
Images courtesy of Rosa Russian