In all the midst of fashion week chaos and an unforgiving cold, I have managed to keep myself preoccupied from the hundreds of MBSFW posts clogging up my Instagram feed which continuously remind me that I am not there.
But the internet is a magical place and for the ill-stricken, a haven. Thank you Tim Berners-Lee for creating such a platform of communication.
Here’s five seemingly important things I’ve learned in the past hour whilst scrolling through the World Wide Web, that have got me excited for the colder months ahead of us.
1. Expect MY LITTLE PONY to take over your wardrobe this winter. Rainbows and shooting stars are your best friends.
2. Beanies and heels. Logo sweatshirts. Shaggy jackets. Sneakers. Boyfriend jeans. The nineties comeback is official and going full speed ahead to my delight. Again, I repeat, beanies and heels.
3. The LMFF runways, as well as excessive online browsing and reading, has led me to believe that DENIM is the superstar this season. Denim blazers, denim overcoats, even denim t-shirts (as seen in the From Britten P/L collection).
4. Thigh high boots are a great excuse to wear summer clothes in winter. I too own a pair that I am dying to break in this winter.
5. Gloves. Lots of gloves. Particularly ones that long, leather and purple, and paired with a hooded coat.
I have never been so excited for winter.