CHEF HEAVYWEIGHTS SCOTT PICKETT, DAVE VERHEUL, SAM CHEETHAM AND MORE COOK FOR A GREAT CAUSE – SECONDBITE ‘WASTE NOT WANT NOT’ GALA DINNER
SecondBite will host their stellar Waste Not Want Not Gala Dinner, hosted by Matt Preston alongside George Calombaris and Gary Mehigan on Monday 3 June.
The gala will be held in the iconic Melbourne Town Hall with a line-up of celebrity chefs cooking for guests
to help the cause, including Scott Pickett, Dave Verheul (Embla and Lesa), Sam Cheetham (Cumulus Inc), Phillippa Grogan, Khanh Nguyen (Sunda) and many more.
SecondBite CEO, Jim Mullan says “The Gala provides an opportunity for friends old and new to support us in pursuit of our mission to feed those in need in an interactive environment backed by some of the biggest food names in Australia.”
Waste Not Want Not Gala Dinner is expected to be a sell-out event, with the aim to raise $250,000 on the night for people in need.
• More than 4 million Australians have experienced food insecurity in the last year. Of this, nearly 1/4 of these are children
• Over 5 million tonnes of food ends up as landfill (Aus Govt. stat)
• Since inception 14 years ago, SecondBite has rescued nearly 65 million kgs of food, equivalent to nearly 130 million meals provided to those who need it most
• In this financial year, SecondBite have provided 30 million meals nationally
For tickets visit https://www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=493916&
STOKEHOUSE ST KILDA PRESENTS AN ENCORE OF WHAT GROWS TOGETHER GOES TOGETHER
Following the success of last year’s What Grows Together Goes Together winter series at Stokehouse St Kilda, Head Chef Ollie Hansford will present a sequel to the special dinner events, this time championing a new selection of regions throughout Victoria.
Arriving just in time for Melbourne’s cooler months, the 2019 series will debut on Thursday, 6 June, with a focus on the Macedon ranges, followed by monthly events highlighting regions including Victoria’s High country, Grampians, and the Great South East Coast. Showcasing ingredients from the coastline to the highlands, Ollie and his talented team will explore the bounties of each region, hand foraging and meeting local farmers, growers and producers, before returning to the bayside venue with an abundance of produce to create a truly unique and seasonal dining experience for guests.
Beyond the food, Gourmet Traveller 2018 Sommelier of the Year finalist and Van Haandel Group Sommelier Gavin Cremming will hand-select individual wines and spirits from the same regions to pair perfectly with each course.
A warm escape from the outside chill, each event will be hosted in Stokehouse’s stunning private dining space The Palm Room providing the perfect backdrop to celebrate quality produce and watch the winter waves roll in.
Each event will be limited to 40 guests and priced at $145 per person, including four courses and two canapés, matched with premium beverages of wine, sparkling and cocktails.
For further information and booking details, please visit www.stokehouse.com.au/melbourne.
Dates: Thursday, 6 June // Thursday, 18 July // Thursday, 22 August // Thursday, 19 September
Bookings can be made via Stokehouse reservations; (03) 9525 5555 or [email protected]
BREAKFAST AT JAMU
Richmond favourite, JAMU has launched a new breakfast offering meaning getting out of bed earlier might be just worth it! In addition to its dinner menu the new breakfast menu brings the same approach to the menu – Asian fusion dishes made from fresh, high-quality ingredients.
The new breakfast menu includes delightful dishes like:
- House-made Crumpets – 2 choiced of Gula Melaka Butter, Housemade Kaya, Peanut Butter or Vegemite.
- Coconut Black Rice – Lychee & Mango, Ginger Crumb & Toasted Coconut.
- Sambal Scramble Eggs – Sambal Chilli, Cherry Tomatoes, Meredith Goats Cheese & Chives. + Free Range Bacon | Avocado.
- Grilled Achar Cheese Sandwich – Gruyere Cheese, Mozzarella, Cheddar, Fried Egg, Bacon and Achar.
For those up for a boozy brunch, from 10:30am JAMU is serving up a range of alcoholic breakfast beverages including:
● Milo Martini – Bourbon, Milo, Milk.
● Breakfast Negroni – Gin, Campari, Sweet Vermouth, Espresso.
● Oriental Mary – Vodka, Tomato Juice, Togarashi, Worcestershire Sauce, Sriracha.
● Matcha Beer – Matcha Maiden x Asahi.
● Hibiscus Mimosa.
Breakfast will be available daily from 7am until 2:30pm on Monday – Friday and 8am – 12pm on Saturday & Sunday.
Address: 1 Palmer Street, Richmond Victoria 3121