New research shows Melburnians spend more than an hour each day preparing meals instead of getting a good night’s sleep (42%), having ‘me’ time (44%) or getting outside more (34%)¹. To give people back this hour, food delivery service, Menulog is taking over one of Melbourne’s favourite burger joints, Huxtaburger, in the CBD bringing its popular ‘25/7 Store’ to Melbourne. To celebrate, customers will also be treated to FREE burgers and a performance by Aussie music legend Shannon ‘Nollsy’ Noll.
WHAT IS THE 25/7 STORE?
– 25/7 gives people an ‘extra’ hour in their day by giving all ‘customers’ dinner on Menulog, instead of cooking
– The store stocks ‘products’ that encourage people to do something with the hour they save – e.g. Call Your Grandpa, take a really long bath or spend quality ‘Thyme’ with friends and family
HOW DOES IT WORK?
– Anyone can pop into the pop-up and grab a Menulog product, which has a dinner voucher inside
– As a bonus, all visitors will get a free Huxtaburger, while enjoying some tunes by Nollsy
– Nollsy thought this was a “ripper idea” and so created some products himself
– Nollsy’s ‘What About Tea’ (pictured below) will give Aussies a chance to sit back and relax with a soulful cuppa and his ‘Car Shine’ will give people an hour to take a ride in a Big Black Shiny Car, all while Menulog does dinner
– Huxtaburger is one of Menulog’s newest restaurant partners and one of Melbourne’s favourite burgers
– Anyone visiting Menulog’s 25/7 pop-up will not only receive dinner, but a delicious lunch too. For real Huxtaburger fans, 25/7 Store vouchers can also be used online at Huxtaburger’s Hawthorn or Glen Waverley stores on Menulog
Nollsy said “Dinner time is one of the few times we can get all the family together to catch up. The catch is, I’m no chef! We use Menulog to make the most of our time together and I’m stoked I can now share this with fellow Aussies with the launch of the 25/7 pop-up!”
Shannon isn’t the only one to struggle at dinner time. Research shows 1 in 5 (19%) Melbournians argue with their partner in the kitchen and, with 44 percent saying they often cook too much, which goes to waste.
Almost a third (31%) of Aussies end up spending more money on shopping for ingredients than if they were to order in, almost half (47%) and 31 percent say they go to bed later because they have to clean up and get chores done.
Nollsy added “I love the idea of Menulog’s 25/7 pop-up because it’s all about giving people time back to enjoy other things together when they would usually be in a busy supermarket or in the kitchen. I’m also excited to see who picks up one of the three ‘special’ ingredients to join me for an hour experience.”
THE MENULOG 25/7 POP-UP – MELBOURNE
Opening days: 6 June 2018
Opening times: 1:00PM – 2:00PM
Location: 357 Collins St (via Fulham Place off Flinders Lane), Melbourne VIC 3000
Details: Store ‘customers’ will receive a FREE Burger and be able to select their favourite product from the shelves, reflecting how they would prefer to spend their hour and containing a $20 Menulog voucher. Stock is limited each day so get in quick!
For more information, head to: https://www.menulog.com.au/