Operating on the first floor of Tsumiki Design, a Japanese hair salon located in the center of trendy Prahran, Clara H Nails is an on-trend, up-and-coming freelance nail art business run by Clara Hwang. Singapore-born Clara has been in the nail technology business for eleven years and has obtained qualifications from the prestigious Japan Nail Association.
Now a Melbourne local, Clara is studying a degree in fashion design at Whitehouse Institute and hopes to mix her love of nail technology with her flair for design. Clara has worked with high profile clients such as Topshop, Dior and Alannah Hill on event launches and nail inspirations.
The salon space is decorated with walls adorned with gold trim mirrors, textured wallpaper in deep purples and the largest collection of nail equipment that Couturing has ever seen. Following on from recent London Fashion Week, Couturing set Clara a challenge – to design a set of nails inspired by Sass & Bide’s recent Spring/Summer 2013 collection. Unfazed by the intricacy of S&B designs, Clara immediately picks up the season’s trends: Geometric lines, metallics, black, white and splashes of neon.
When asked what separates Australian clients from those in Japan, she said, “Australian clients all have really individual tastes. Everyone wants something different!” She then adds, “I love a challenge!”
Using an array of tools and the steady hand only a surgeon could dream of, it took Clara approximately fifty minutes to design and complete my ten, fabulous, collection inspired nails.
After falling into nail art, using her skill as an artist in a non-traditional way, Clare hopes to one day open her own salon.
Clara H Nails – the next big thing in fashion and beauty, proving that your favourite collections and patterns are no longer limited to your wardrobe. Personalised Clara H nail designs start from $40 and more of her work can be viewed here:
- CHAMPAGNE, CELEBRATION & COUTURE: 2014′s STYLISH BRIDES TO BE
- EMPORIUM REIMAGINED – MELBOURNE’S NEWEST SHOPPING MECCA FUSES OLD AND NEW
- WOW YOUR MUM THIS MOTHER’S DAY WITH SUNGLASS HUT
- STYLEBOP.COM HEADS TO THE DESERT FOR COACHELLA
- GABRIELLE BROWN WINS THE TARGET GRADUATE DESIGN AWARD
- SKIN PIGMENTATION SAVIOUR
- TALKING ALL THINGS HAIR WITH SIMONE VAN HALTREN FROM THE BLOWOUTBAR
- TIME IN A BOTTLE – THE CREAM YOU NEED TO STOP THE SIGNS OF AGEING
- GET EXCITED WITH GO-TO SKINCARE FOUNDER, ZOE FOSTER BLAKE
- BACKSTAGE BEAUTY: MBFWA 2014 DAY 5 HIGHLIGHTS